About Indian Flatbread Crossword Roti
Roti is a type of flatbread that is a staple food in South Asia and the Caribbean and India. How To Make Indian Roti Recipe Flour should be made with wheat flour and also water should be given as needed. The dough is rolled into a thin circle and then fried in a skillet or tawa. Roti can be eaten with various curries, lentils and vegetables. In some cultures, it is also traditionally served with butter or ghee. There are many variations of roti, such as chapati, paratha, phulka, and more. Some variations are made with different types of flour or with added ingredients such as curd or milk spices.
How To Make Indian Flatbread Crossword – Roti Recipe
- 3-4 cap wheat flour
- ⅓ tbsp salt according to taste
- 4-5 cap hot water
- In a medium bowl or large bowl, combine 3-4 cups flour and 1/3 teaspoon salt (as needed).
- And slowly add the hot water to the flour mixture, mixing it until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for about 6-9 minutes or until it becomes smooth. Cover the dough with a well-dampened cloth and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into small pieces (about 1.5-2 inches in diameter). On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to form each ball into a circle (about 5-6 inches in diameter).
- and heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat.Carefully place the roti in the skillet or kadai and cook or fry for about 1.5-2 minutes on each side, or until it begins to puff up and no brown spots appear.Then take the bread out of the pan and place it on a hotpot or a clean plate. Cover with a good cloth to keep warm and soft.Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
You can also use a mixture of wheat flour and flour/all-purpose flour to make Rotis.
How to make quick roti?
A quick way to make roti is to use a roti maker, which is specially designed for making roti. Another method is to use a cast iron pan and cook the bread on high heat. And, you can make the dough in advance and refrigerate it, so you can quickly roll out and make bread as needed.